Call for Doctoral Consortium
We invite doctoral students in HCI to attend the Doctoral Consortium organized in conjunction with British HCI 2016. This is a great opportunity to get feedback on your work, network with fellow HCI researchers, and explore career opportunities in industry and academia across the UK.
During the first part of the day, all participants will present their work to the rest of the group with substantial time allowed for discussion and questions. During the second part of the day, participants will also present a poster of their work.
You are invited to submit a Doctoral Consortium proposal via the EasyChair system by March 18, 2016, 5:00pm PDT. The proposal must include:
- An extended abstract of your PhD work. This should be no more than 6 pages (excluding references), follow the eWiC template, and include:
- Details on the context and background of your work
- Research objectives and questions
- Key points of the literature review
- Problem statement
- Research approach and methodology
- Initial results
- Main contributions
- An A4 sketch of a poster that describes your PhD work. When attending the doctoral consortium event, you will be expected to prepare an A0 version of the poster.
Accepted Doctoral Consortium abstracts will be included in conference proceedings and published in the BCS e-WIC repository and in the ACM Digital Library.
- Submission Deadline: 4th March 2016 18th March 2016
- Notification Date:
4th April 201618th April 2016
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
- Alan Dix: University of Birmingham, UK
- Claudia Iacob: University of Portsmouth, UK