Call for Interactions Gallery Proposals
We are calling for proposals for artworks, installations, demonstrations and performances to be presented in conjunction with the conference. This call is interdisciplinary across art, science and technology exploring the fusion of computers, art and data. With the goal for each piece to invite and provoke critical discussion about and around the conference theme of ‘Fusion! HCI across Disciplines’, including the nature, impact and future of computers in society.
Launching with a drinks reception on the opening evening, the Interactions Gallery is a curated event, adding an important critical practice dimension to the conference. In addition to the submitted proposals appearing in the conference proceedings, the event will be documented in a feature article to also be included in the proceedings. Exhibitors’ attendance is required if their proposals are accepted and it is the exhibitors’ responsibility to install and remove their works before and after the Interactions Gallery event.
Interaction Gallery proposals should be no more than 2 pages (excluding references), and should follow the eWiC template; papers should not be anonymised. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair by 5:00 p.m GMT on 13th May 2016.
Proposal must contain the following sections:
- Title of work
- Name(s) of participants/submitters & authors affiliation/contact details.
- An abstract (max. 250 words) of work, designed for inclusion in the conference proceedings. The abstract should be the practitioner/artist’s statement and include a rationale and the conceptual agenda behind the work.
- Up to three images embedded in the proposal of the proposed exhibit with descriptive captions.
- A technical description of the piece detailing dimensions of work, submission duration and format and all requirements for exhibition. This should also outline the desired audience interaction with the work at the event. List equipment (if any) to be provided by the conference organisers and whether the work is adaptable if space and equipment cannot be resourced.
- Short biography of artists/composers/performers/designers.
The following optional supplementary information can be included as extra page appendices:
- Provide any documentation of previous presentations of this work.
- Links to online examples of your previously created artistic work.
- Any other image/video links relating to submitted project.
All submissions will be peer reviewed by an international programme committee. The decision on acceptance or rejection of a proposal will be made on the basis of the overall quality of the proposal and its appeal to a reasonable fraction of the HCI community.
For accepted proposals, only the 2-page abstracts (excluding extra appendices) will be included in conference proceedings and published in the BCS e-WIC repository and in the ACM Digital Library.
- Submission Deadline: 6th April 201613th May 2016
- Notification Date: 6th May 201610th June 2016
Interaction Gallery Chairs
- Vicky Isley and Paul Smith: Bournemouth University, UK
- Sue Gollifer: University of Brighton, UK